IST Sports Headquarters in conjunction with Wilton Parks and Recreation and Little League are excited to announce.....
8U WILTON BANDITS TRAVEL BASEBALL
Registration is now open for Wilton residents to register your children to try out for the forthcoming NEW Fall WILTON 8U Bandit’s Baseball Travel season. Try-outs will be held June 23rd at 4PM. See below for information regarding updated age bands for teams and our new professionally run travel game-focused curriculum and schedule for the 8U The final deadline for registration is 5:00 p.m. on June 21st. However, we kindly request that you register your child at your earliest convenience so we can plan ahead, including understanding the range of ages of potential players. Please register by copying the link below into your browser or clicking below and paying the non-refundable $30 try-out fee for each child separately. Only those who register will be permitted to try out.
Team Focus; New League: This program is developmental in nature and intended for those who love baseball and the ability to practice/play in the Fall. 8U team's will participate in a developmental league with at least three other neighboring towns and play 1 instructional game each weekend. Players will have the opportunity to compete in a positive learning environment and be coached by professionals. The Fall program will include practices featuring drills to demonstrate game situations and potential intra-squad scrimmages. The team plays on the Little League 46/60 diamond. Rosters will be set at 14 players per 8U team and have 2 professional coaches. Each team will have two events per week running 1.5 to 2 hours. One weekday practice and one Sunday afternoon Game or practice. Coaches will stress learning the fundamentals of the game and learning to play team baseball
Registration Link: Coming Soon for Fall Tryouts
- Try-outs for the 8U teams will be administered by IST Pro Coaches on June 23rd at 4PM ( Wilton JV Softball Field).
Tryout dates/times were arranged and fields reserved to ensure program-wide fairness and equal opportunity for all players. Please do your best to address any conflicts on the applicable date(s) and ensure your child attends the tryout session(s). Please contact Glenn Katz at
by June 3 if your child has a conflict with the dates, and he will attempt to organize with the coaches a single alternative date to accommodate these conflicts.
- Player evaluation will be conducted by a panel of this season's coaches, and in an effort to provide as much continuity as possible and to take into account a broader body of baseball experience. The coaches will make every effort to operate a consistently applied, multiple evaluator and merit-based review.
Try-out Requirements and Details
- Please arrive 15 minutes early and proceed to the registration table where a volunteer will check in your child and assign a number, which must be worn throughout the try-out.
- Your child should bring a bat, glove and helmet and wear baseball pants, cap and cleats.
- Once all participants are signed in by volunteers, IST coaches administering the try-outs will ask parents to leave and return to pick up their children at the end of the designated try-out time. Please cooperate with this request.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ROSTERS
IST intends to post on its website and email parents by June 26th.
After teams are announced, parents may contact Glenn Katz or Ian Thoesen at IST by email
who will coordinate with the team head coach to provide you with more detailed feedback on your child's performance at the try-outs and areas for improvement as observed by the evaluators during the try-outs. Please understand that in selecting rosters for teams, there will inevitably be difficult decisions made by coaches. This opportunity to discuss your child's performance with a coach is to solicit constructive feedback—it is not a forum for abusive or negative comments by parents.
AGE ELIGIBILITY; HEAD COACHES; PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS
Set forth below are the currently contemplated age brackets and head coaches for each team as well as a summary program description. 8U will attempt to synchronize the age ranges for its 8U teams with those stipulated by Little League International for Little League in 2019 and local tournament hosts to maximize alignment and connectivity between Wilton Little League and IST 8U developmental programs. Please contact our Player Agent, Ian Thoesen, at
with any questions about age eligibility.
IST reserves the right to roster children on Travel teams outside of these Little League age bands based on the professional recommendation of IST, including in circumstances that comply with the East Shore League's age eligibility requirements.
8U IST Developmental Team: Season cost $750
Uniform Cost: ?? Will confirm
Eligibility: Birthdates September 1, 2011 - April 30, 2012
Head Coaches: IST Pro Coaches
- Born and raised in Wilton. Currently resides in Newtown, with his wife and 3 children. Played for the 1995 Wilton High School FCIAC Championship team. Team Captain, All-FCIAC and All-State as a senior. Won JUCO National Championship at NCTC, where he was All-American. Played for nationally ranked Georgia College. Played professionally in the Northern League for 3 years. Instructor at IST Baseball in Norwalk.
- Worked as a coach and private instructor for 20 years, including organizing and directing baseball and softball clinics and camps.
- Recruits for college baseball, and produces college recruitment videos.
- Head Coach of Wilton American Legion 19U team for the last 20 years.
- Coached baseball at Wilton High for 17 years
- Head Varsity Baseball Coach at Newtown High School (Won SWC Championship 2017)
- High School Baseball:●Three year varsity starter at Pomperaug High School (2010-2012)●Won a State Championship and Conference Championship in 2010 Season●Won a Conference Championship in 2011 Season●Named All-Conference in 2012 Season
- College Baseball:●Four-year starter at Endicott College●All-CCC team honorable mention in 2013●All-CCC first team in 2014●All-CCC third team in 2016
- Coaching:Lead Baseball Instructor Skyhawks Baseball youth camps 2015-2017. Assistant Coach with the Wilton Warriors 13U Travel Team Summers 2016 and 2017. IST Clinic Instructor 2016-Present